The Northern Stateline Economy & Jobs Report provides a current snapshot of the regional economy and talent resources.
The report covers the following key areas:
• Workforce Characteristics
• Workforce Availability
The Northern Stateline Economy & Jobs Report covers the Northern Stateline Economic Development Region (EDR), which included the counties of Boone, Winnebago, Ogle and Stephenson. The EDR reflects a total population of 445,866 and a labor force of 228,602. The Manufacturing industry represents 24.5 of employment in the EDR; followed by Trade, Transportation, & Utilities at 21.8%; and Educational-Health Services at 17.8%.
Information is also reported by the Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), referring to Boone and Winnebago Counties, with a total population of 346,031 and labor force of 176,656.
The Northern Stateline Economy & Jobs Report was designed:
• To provide businesses with current data to assist with decision making.
• To identify the changing demographics in the region.
• To understand the impact of the changing demographics on the local talent availability and the economy.
• To identify regional industry sectors contributing to the regional economic