Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC) are a portal for small businesses looking to enter the world of government contracting. The centers provide one-on-one counseling, technical information, marketing assistance, and training to existing businesses interested in selling their goods and services to local, state, and/or federal government agencies.
Illinois ranks #19 in Government Spend in the state out of all 50 states. This represents a $9.3B spend including $2.4B in total payroll in Illinois for the Fiscal Year 2020.
- State to State Comparison can be read in the .PDF document titled Defense Spending by State
- Find a PTAC Center
The no-cost assistance from PTAC comes in the forms of teaching, mentoring, and coaching. Providing clients with a complete set of tools to research and identify government contracting opportunities.
Your Illinois Business Will Learn How To:
- Conduct market research, find government opportunities and establish relationships with agencies.
- Execute SAM and other governmental vendor registrations.
- Read and understand government bid and proposal solicitations.
- Locate businesses – large and small – to form partnering agreements between firms.
- Prepare, review, and finalize a bid or proposal.
- Locate technical information and pricing data.
- Understand RFID, UID, and packaging standards.
- Navigate 8(a), HUBZone, WOSB, EDWOSB, DBE certifications and Veteran-owned business verification.
- Prepare for pre-bid conferences, short-list interviews, debriefings, and pre-award meetings.
- Participate in electronic and other Internet-based bid opportunities.
- Properly submit an invoice, including Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF).
- Handle post-award contract administration