Thursday, October 18, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Burpee Museum, 737 N. Main St., Rockford
Hosted by Women of Today’s Manufacturing, this presentation will go over the recent developments in global trade, evaluating and discussing how the policies around tariffs are impacting business. We will hear from trade specialists on various tools and solutions that exporters should be considering.
Panel discussion will address:
- Roadmap to address rising input costs from a legal perspective; from steps to file tariff exclusions to verification of proper HTS code to understanding how even slight changes in the manufacturing process can alter a product’s HTS classification and resulting duties;
- First hand experience from steel service center on steps he has taken as an owner to adjust to the tariffs from increasing purchases from domestic mills to taking advantage of rebate programs to pressuring foreign suppliers to adjust pricing so there is a harmonization in the landed import cost vs. domestic mills to direct sourcing for his Mexican subsidiary based on Mexican trade agreements;
- In exchange for sellers negotiating higher prices, buyers offer longer terms covered by domestic and international credit insurance to address heighten credit risk;
- Talking points for borrowers with their lenders to address a short to medium term deterioration in financial performance until price increases can be passed along to their customers.
Who should attend:
- Owners – learn how to mitigate your risk and optimize your supply chain
- Procurement officers – effectively negotiate with your suppliers
- Financial officers – learn how to communicate with your lenders
- All employees – become invaluable to your employer by bringing this important knowledge to your leadership teams!
Register now for this invaluable learning event!
Member registration: $20
Non-member registration: $30
Appetizers will be served