The Greater Rockford Chamber of Commerce and Baker Tilly would like to invite you to join us on October 19 to learn more about New Market Tax Credits (NMTCs). NMTC is a financing tool that can support operating businesses and community facilities expansion and operations in low-income areas. This free event will include a 75 minute presentation, a Q&A, and a light lunch for attendees.
During the presentation you will hear from Southside Community Optimal Redevelopment Enterprise, LLC, who has successfully deployed over $300 million in NMTCs throughout Illinois and Indiana, and Central States Development Partners, who has successfully deployed over $200 million in NMTCs throughout the United States.
Some information covered in the presentation includes:
- Transaction participants/structure
- What makes a project eligible?
- What makes a project attractive for being awarded the credit?
- Considerations to give when structuring other capital sources.
- What goes into closing a NMTC deal.
- Examples of projects that got financed locally.
Baker Tilly is one of the 10 largest CPA/advisory firms in the USA and has been involved in the NMTC program since its inception. They work with community development entities, investors, and eligible businesses throughout the United States and have assisted in the closing of over $5 billion of NMTC transactions.