Board of Directors
The Rockford Area Economic Development Council (RAEDC) Board of Directors consists of up to 49 Voting Directors plus four Officers. By working directly with RAEDC investors, allies, and staff, Board members provide leadership and broaden considerations about how the RAEDC will achieve its mission and goals.
The term of office for elected Directors to the Board is three years, the term of office for all Ex-Officio Board Directors is one year.
Mike Paterson, Chairman of the Board
Mike Paterson is the Chairman of the Board for 2019 and 2020. The goal established during his tenure is to make progress moving down the path of increasing Company Attraction and Expansion efforts, to focus on reaching out for new opportunities. One of the priorities outlined in Paterson’s plan is to ensure the RAEDC, Rockford Chamber of Commerce, and the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB), in addition to many other community stakeholders continue to work closely together to create efficiency and ensure the community leaps forward toward top 25 status.
Eric Cunningham, Vice Chair/Treasurer
Eric Cunningham currently serves on the RAEDC Board of Directors as Vice Chairman and Treasurer. Cunningham will be Chairman of the RAEDC Board following Paterson.
- Chairman of the Board: Mike Paterson, Mid-West Family Broadcasting
- Vice-Chair/Treasurer: Eric Cunningham, Collins Aerospace
- Immediate Past Chair: Michele Petrie, WinTrust Commercial Bank
- Director at Large: Dr. Dorsey, MercyHealth
- Director at Large: Kelly Lattimer, WQRF/WTVO
- Director at Large: Sunil Puri, First Midwest Group
- Director at Large: Paula Carynski, OSF HealthCare
- Leadership Council Chair: (Interm) Eric Cunningham, Collins Aerospace
- CARE Solutions Team Co-Chairs: Mick Gronewold, Fehr-Graham and Jimmy Rozinsky, Spectrum Insurance Agency
- Education for Workforce Development Co-Chairs: Jeffery Hultman, Illinois Bank & Trust and LoRayne Logan, Workplace
- Rockford Area Aerospace Co-Chairs: Ron “Reg” Gustafson, Clinkenbeard and David Forward, Woodward, Inc.
- Mayor Tom McNamara, City of Rockford
- Chairman Frank Haney, Winnebago County
- Nathan Bryant, Rockford Area Economic Development Council
- Christopher Anderson, Larson & Darby Group
- David Anspaugh, Northern Illinois Building Contractors Association
- David Atkins, Blackhawk Bank
- Edward C. Berg, First Northern Credit Union
- Conor Brown, Rockford Area REALTORS
- Scot Dobbs, Wipfli, LLP
- Rebecca Epperson, Chartwell Agency
- George Gaulrapp, ComEd
- Dr. Bill Gorski, SwedishAmerican Health System
- Thomas Green, Barrick, Switzer, Long, Balsley & Van Evera
- Matthew Hevrin, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Glen Kirschman, U.S. Bank
- Ed Munguia, Stillman Bank
- Tim Myers, WIFR-TV
- Joel Sjostrom, Sjostrom & Sons, Inc.
- David Sobojinski, Midland States Bank
- Glen Turpoff, Northwestern Illinois Contractors Association
- Terry Voskuil, Woodward, Inc.
- Brent Ward, JP Morgan Chase
- Einar Forsman, Rockford Chamber of Commerce
- John Groh, Rockford Area Conv. & Visitors Bureau
- Tim Hanson, Rock River Water Reclamation
- Mayor Steve Johnson, Village of Machesney Park
- Mayor Greg Jury, City of Loves Park
- Paul Logli, United Way of Rock River Valley
- Dan Ross, Community Foundation of Northern IL
- Dr. Alex Stagnaro-Green, U of I College of Medicine
- Senator Dave Syverson
- Dr. Lisa Bly, The Workforce Connection
- Karl Franzen, City of Rockford
- Mike Dunn, Jr., Region 1 Planning Council
- Senator Steve Stadelman
City of Rockford Liaisons
- Alderman Joseph Chiarelli
- Alderman Tim Durkee
Winnebago County Liaison