Board of Directors
The Rockford Area Economic Development Council (RAEDC) Board of Directors consists of up to 49 Voting Directors plus four Officers. By working directly with RAEDC investors, allies, and staff, Board members provide leadership and broaden considerations about how the RAEDC will achieve its mission and goals.
The term of office for elected Directors to the Board is three years, the term of office for all Ex-Officio Board Directors is one year.
Mike Paterson, Chairman of the Board
Mike Paterson is the Chairman of the Board for 2019 and 2020. The goal established during his tenure is to make progress moving down the path of increasing Company Attraction and Expansion efforts, to focus on reaching out for new opportunities. One of the priorities outlined in Paterson’s plan is to ensure the RAEDC, Rockford Chamber of Commerce, and the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (RACVB), in addition to many other community stakeholders continue to work closely together to create efficiency and ensure the community leaps forward toward top 25 status.
Eric Cunningham, Vice Chair/Treasurer
Eric Cunningham currently serves on the RAEDC Board of Directors as Vice Chairman and Treasurer. Cunningham will be Chairman of the RAEDC Board following Paterson.
- Chairman of the Board: Mike Paterson, Mid-West Family Broadcasting
- Vice Chair/Treasurer: Eric Cunningham, UTC Aerospace Systems
- Immediate Past Chair: Michele Petrie, WinTrust Commercial Bank
- Director at Large: Dr. Dorsey as permanent proxy for Jennifer Hall, MercyHealth
- Director at Large: Kelly Lattimer, WQRF/WTVO
- Director at Large: Sunil Puri, First Midwest Group
- Director at Large: Paula Carynski, OSF HealthCare
- Leadership Council Chair: Dr. Michael Born, SwedishAmerican Health System
- Business & Community Relations Solutions Team Co-Chairs: John Chadwick, WREX-TV and Paul Gaier, Rockford Register Star
- CARE Solutions Team Co-Chairs: Mick Gronewold, Fehr-Graham and Jimmy Rozinsky, Spectrum Insurance Agency
- Education for Workforce Development Co-Chairs: Jeffery Hultman, Illinois Bank & Trust and TBD
- Rockford Area Aerospace Co-Chairs: John Saunders, Larson & Darby Group and Spitaman Tata, Woodward, Inc.
- Mayor Tom McNamara, City of Rockford
- Chairman Frank Haney, Winnebago County
- Nathan Bryant, Rockford Area Economic Development Council
- David Anspaugh, Northern Illinois Building Contractors Association
- TBD, Blackhawk Bank
- Edward C. Berg, First Northern Credit Union
- Conor Brown, Rockford Area REALTORS
- Dr. Mike Born, SwedishAmerican Health System
- Jerry Busse, Rockford Toolcraft, Inc.
- Scot Dobbs, Wipfli, LLP
- Rebecca Epperson, Chartwell Agency
- George Gaulrapp, ComEd
- Linda Gerber, Rock River Valley Blood Center
- Thomas Green, Barrick, Switzer, Long, Balsley & Van Evera
- Jennifer Hall, Mercyhealth
- Matthew Hevrin, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Penelope Lechtenberg, Lechtenberg & Associates LLC
- Brad McGuire, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP
- Dr. W. Stephen Minore, Rockford Anesthesiologists Associated, LLC
- TBA, Midland States Bank
- Ed Munguia, Stillman Bank
- Tim Myers, WIFR-TV
- Sagar Patel, Woodward, Inc.
- Joel Sjostrom, Sjostrom & Sons, Inc.
- Glen Turpoff, Northwestern Illinois Contractors Association
- Brent Ward, JP Morgan Chase
- Mayor Dale Adams, Village of Rockton
- Jon Bates, Community Foundation of Northern IL
- Einar Forsman, Rockford Chamber of Commerce
- John Groh, Rockford Area Conv. & Visitors Bureau
- Tim Hanson, Rock River Water Reclamation
- Mayor Steve Johnson, Village of Machesney Park
- Mayor Greg Jury, City of Loves Park
- Paul Logli, United Way of Rock River Valley
- Dr. Alex Stagnaro-Green, U of I College of Medicine
- Senator Dave Syverson
- Dr. Lisa Bly, The Workforce Connection
- Todd Cagnoni, City of Rockford
- Pam Fettes, Growth Dimensions of Belvidere/Boone County
- Senator Steve Stadelman
City of Rockford Liaisons
- Alderman Tim Durkee
- Alderman Karen Hoffman
Winnebago County Liaison
- County Board Member Gary Jury