The Rockford Area Economic Development Council (RAEDC) now in its 37th year of operation has been and will continue to be focused on primary job growth for the region. From rallying investors, partners and stakeholders, the RAEDC has leveraged regional assets building the foundation we have today. That foundation is the momentum of initiatives we all know within the community.
With proactive meaningful facilitation, the RAEDC
- Leadership Council seeded Alignment Rockford investing over $400,000 and helping position RPS 205 as a national model.
- Identified the local aerospace industry and formulated a disciplined strategy around it; the Rockford Area Aerospace Network (RAAN) supports over 300 aerospace companies within 90 miles of Rockford.
- Fostered the incubator from which B/E Aerospace grew to become a tier 1 aerospace supplier in our region.
- Was instrumental in aligning strategies and partners for Woodward’s retention in the community.
- Implemented a workforce development strategy for engineering careers to support our aerospace network in partnership with NIU and RVC.
- Was one of the initial investors of the Rockford City Market.
The RAEDC is not the only entity that can celebrate these regional successes, but if not for the RAEDC, some of these foundational steps may not have occurred. The RAEDC has regularly brought the right partners to the table, ignited initiatives and proudly watched them thrive in our community. “Being part of the RAEDC that has traditionally been instrumental in the creation of so many strategic initiatives is exciting. Moving forward, the RAEDC will use these foundations to focus on primary job creation/retention by leveraging the economic growth of our region and its industries,” states Nathan Bryant, new President and CEO of the RAEDC.
ABOUT THE RAEDC
The role of the Rockford Area Economic Development Council (RAEDC) is to collaborate with regional stakeholders to cultivate opportunities for primary job growth that increase the economic well-being of our region. The RAEDC markets the region to attract new capital investment, while assisting existing business with resources for sustainable growth. The RAEDC works closely with many partners to improve the competitiveness of the region by taking what it learns from the region’s employers and engaging the community in the daily work of economic development. As the economic development organization for the region, the RAEDC also serves as the area’s data collection agency on all new capital investment, retained and created quality jobs, and renovated commercial/industrial space.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Communications and Marketing Coordinator, RAEDC