The Rockford City Council voted to approve the 2016 – 2020 Capital Improvement Program (CIP) during the City Council meeting held on Monday, March 7.
The approved CIP book, which may be accessed on the city website, provides for a total of $144,886,717 in infrastructure investment throughout the City over the next five years, including:
- $28 million in neighborhood street repairs;
- $34 million in repairs to the City’s arterial and collector street network;
- $9 million to rehabilitate or replace aging bridges;
- $9 million in improvements to the City’s stormwater system;
- $4.5 million to repair or install pedestrian accommodations; and
- $38 million in improvements to the City’s water infrastructure.
For more information visit: www.rockfordil.gov