ROCKFORD, Jan. 26 — Alignment Rockford is looking for community participation in two initiatives.
The Healthy Starts Team is seeking organizations to promote the importance of kindergarten readiness by distributing and displaying prepared materials.
Here are just a few ways you can help:
• Place brochures and posters in a waiting area or employee break room
• Include the information in your company newsletter
• Provide the information in your church bulletin
• Display the information on your digital billboard
• Give the brochures to your patients or clients with young children
• Donate your printing service for the brochures and posters
Respond online here by Jan. 30.
The Pathways Team is inviting businesses and civic and community organizations to host a group of RPS sophomores for one hour on March 24, 25, and/or 26. Students will learn about your organization and how it relates to their selected pathway within the College and Career Academies of Rockford.
Respond online here by Feb. 6.
See Executive Director Bridget French’s overview on how and why you should get involved in the Jan. 25 Rockford Register Star.
ABOUT ALIGNMENT ROCKFORD
Alignment Rockford’s mission is to align community resources in support of public school strategies to raise student achievement, improve the health and happiness of our children, and advance the economic and social well-being of our community. Alignment Rockford envisions all students graduating from high school with marketable employment skills and enrolling in post-secondary education.