The Rockford Area Aerospace Network (RAAN) is a consortium of companies implementing a strategic plan to increase the competitiveness of the Rockford Region for aerospace expansion and attraction.
2017 RAAN Aerospace Networking & Symposium Review
Who we are:
The Rockford Region is home to five tier-one companies and more than 90 supporting suppliers, with over 250 suppliers within a 90-minute radius.
Major subsectors include AS9100 and Nadcap certified suppliers of:
- Electric power generation systems
- Power management
- Actuation systems
- Metal component fabrication
- Aircraft interior manufacturing
- Maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO)
How to join:
Where we are:
The Rockford Region, just northwest of Chicago, is the largest center of aerospace production employment in Illinois and sixth in the United States.
Why we work together:
RAAN’s investors focus on six initiatives that address the industry’s greatest needs:
- Enhancing the global brand of Rockford as: Your Opportunity Region
- Fostering innovation through industry and cross-industry synergies.
- Encouraging supplier development through growing awareness of requirements and continuous improvement.
- Expand business development opportunities through B2B matchmaking and sales missions.
- Increasing the focus on workforce development that feeds the pipeline at all levels and disciplines for industry growth.
- Growing the size and diversity of our cluster by attracting new companies to establish operations in the Rockford Region.
How we work together:
- National/international trade show participation
- Supplier symposiums and networking opportunities
- Educational and vocational partnerships and initiatives
- Marketing efforts
- Training and information-sharing
RAAN was formed by the Rockford Area Economic Development Council, which works with partners to improve the economic strength of the Rockford Region by helping employers retain and create quality jobs.